Thursday, August 13, 2015

Glory Days 2015: D-30


Did as much as I could on the NH coach-smoker today. A few more details, got it mounted up on the trucks. Just waiting on parts. I then turned my attention to the B&M coach. Not much here except assembling the trucks and steps and laying on the floors for the vestibules. It's parts will be here early next week with the remainder of the NH parts. Thanks again to Matt C. who worked out the Osgood Bradley lightweight truck design for these coaches. I'm trying to get all 4 cars road-worthy for testing this weekend. I want to make sure #601 can pull this and get a feel for how fast and how long. Based on Matt and Cale's use of dual PF train motors and similarly constructed passenger cars, I don't have too much to worry about. However, I'm not one to leave things up to chance, and I've engineered a little surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment