Thursday, September 17, 2015

New England Stream Study


Okay, I get it Lego. Blue is for water. The problem is, in this part of the country, the only water that's blue is from open pit mining or swimming pools. Model railroaders have all kinds of tricks to make the water on their layout look as it does in nature. I thought I'd try the same. New England streams are these clear, shallow bodies of water inviting fly fishermen to cast their lines or passersby to jump in on a hot summer day. I thought trans clear tiles would be best, but the plates are a fraction of the cost and found in every PAB wall I've visited in the past year. I wish olive green was more common, but green works here as well. Let me know what you think. Looking to scale this for a bridge project.

No comments:

Post a Comment