Monday, September 21, 2015

Where have you been all my life?


One of the rate limiting factors for more rolling stock for me is building trucks. One of the biggest PitAs for nice rolling trucks is having sufficient quantities of 32mm brass tube. To this day, I've been taking a hobby saw to the tube and through a long and painful process, making butchered lengths of brass work for me. On a recent trip to the hobby store to pick up more tubing, instead of my typical anti-social get my stuff and leave, I actually asked for help. Particularly if there was a better way to make quick work of my cutting. The knowledgeable woman at the counter pointed me in the direction of this handy device. A few minutes later, and I'd reduced a foot of brass tube to 2.5 boxcars worth of axles. They still need some cleaning with a needle file, but they're way nicer than I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment