Monday, October 12, 2015

CN 7805 Post-1954


So, I came to the conclusion Friday that I would turn the clock forward six years on my modelling era to 1955. This in turn introduces some really interesting CN steam to the CV and GT-NE and lets me model my CN Passenger equipment with this really striking 3-color scheme. Michael's son Alex beat me to it, modelling a Heavyweight coach in this scheme. Bonus from converting my Baggage-RPO and Café car to this scheme, is that I'd free up enough Olive Green for another 2-3 CN passenger cars...enough for the off-season Train No. 16-17 Portland to Montreal on the GT-NE perhaps? Power on the Ambassador in 1955 varied from the CV's short-lived ALCO RS-3s, the occasional 4-8-2, more commonly some CN 4-6-2s and there's even a mention of a mighty CN 4-8-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment