Monday, October 12, 2015

Nothing


"The Central Vermont is the railroad that started nowhere, ended nowhere, and missed every major city in between." In studying the railroads of northern New England and eastern Canada, there's a host of images of trains passing through vast expanses of nothing. At our most recent (and first) NELTC club meeting, we mentioned that nature, rather than city, served as the backdrop for most of our prototypes and we thought this could be a signature feature of the club to differentiate us from more urban dominated LUGs and LTCs. So here's my little piece of nothing I think I'll set about working on over the next few months. It will give us some blank space between scenes, distance between towns on an operating layout, and hopefully give me a prototypical backdrop to photograph my trains. Gents, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment